Our parent company, the C&C Group manufactures, markets and distributes a range of branded cider, beer, wine, soft drinks and bottled water. An exciting opportunity has come up in our Group Procurement team for an experienced, commercially-savvy Procurement specialist to fill the position of Strategic Sourcing Manager.
So what’s involved?
This role is focused on developing and executing a rolling strategic plan to maximise the deliverable savings from our Directs procurement. While our category specialists focus on day to day purchases and issues, the Strategic Sourcing Manager’s focus is on longer term, high value procurement activity.
As Strategic Sourcing Manager you will work closely with key business stakeholders to ensure you understand their business objectives and priorities, and include them in your overall plan. You’ll use your commercial savvy and market knowledge of the FMCG sector to deliver an efficient and effective sourcing approach, providing market insight and analysis, and running competitive and professional tender processes, with long term value in mind.
You’ll bring your negotiating skills to bear to ensure C&C Group and our subsidiaries get a great deal on large scale purchases, and come up with creative solutions to ensure value-add initiatives for our business.
The successful candidate must have interest in market dynamics and experience within an FMCG or fast paced manufacturing environment. They will have a proven track record of managing senior level internal and external relationships as well as comprehensive negotiation skills and strong commercial and business awareness to deliver business solutions to agreed timelines.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a strategic procurement role, with a track record of success in scoping, negotiating and executing high-value and long-term deals.
- Experience of working in an FMCG environment – ideally with a food or drinks focus.
- The ability to demonstrate “outside the box” thinking to deliver value add projects to each category.
- Strong commercial focus, with a high level of numeracy and analytical skill.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to write and speak with authority.
Send us a CV that demonstrates your track record in strategic direct procurement, and we promise to come back to you ASAP.