Safety comes first. That’s the message that we’re constantly reinforcing in our Brewery, Labs, Offices and across our Distribution network. But there is always room for improvement. So we’re looking for an SHE professional to join our team at Wellpark to take ownership of our operational safety, health and environmental performance across Scotland.
So what’s involved?
You will be expected to lead by example and be a subject matter expert in relation to SHE, passing on your knowledge and experience across our operations whether through delivering training or by coaching and supporting our teams, and by helping develop the right SHE behaviours at all levels of the business. This will include:
- Managing all aspects of the above areas associated with the production process, in line with company standards, best practice and current Health and Safety legislation and quality standards.
- Leading the setting of SHE objectives for the financial year (e.g. accident rates) and delivering those objectives in collaboration with colleagues across our Operational and Commercial teams
- Responsible for the site SHE Training Needs Analysis, Training Delivery (if applicable) and Training Evaluation of all operational training activities for the site
- Work with the whole management team to drive improvements and projects that will deliver the SHE strategy and performance KPIs
- Provide technical advice and guidance to operational teams and associated functions to ensure effective resolution of operational issues.
- Track and report on SHE budgets and KPIs
What you’ll need:
- A genuine passion for Safety, Health and Environment issues, with a record of making measurable improvements to operational practices
- Experience of working in a dedicated SHE role in an industrial environment, ideally in FMCG manufacturing.
- NEBOSH Diploma (essential)
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management (preferred)
- Experience of managing regulatory and certification requirements, e.g. site visits, communication and reporting (e.g. CA, HSE, SEPA, Fire Brigade etc.)
- Experience of calculating carbon emissions and carrying out environmental risk assessments
- Great communication skills with the ability to engage and influence a range of stakeholders, from brewery operators to senior management
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Send us a copy of your CV that shows off your SHE management skills. And we’ll come back to you ASAP.