Wellpark has been the home of Glasgow’s brewing industry since the 1500s, and it is the birthplace of iconic Scottish brands like Tennent’s and Caledonia Best. These days the site has a number of roles: Wellpark is the operational HQ of the C&C Group, a modern manufacturing facility (including Brewing, Filtration, Packaging and Warehousing), a busy logistics hub for HGVs, and a popular tourist attraction in its own right.
As you can imagine, this combination creates some unique challenges from a Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) perspective, so we’re recruiting for a SHE Advisor to focus on making sure Wellpark continues to be a safe and healthy environment for all our staff and guests. Nothing is more important than making sure everyone on the site stays safe and healthy.
So what’s involved?
You’ll be working with the managers and staff across the site to help them with their day-to-day SHE performance and compliance. The goal is all about driving continuous improvement across the SHE agenda and building a strong Safety First culture across every team.
You’ll review all aspects of our current SHE arrangements, ensuring that they are appropriate and compliant with our company standards, industry best practice and current Health and Safety legislation.
Expect to be involved in regular audits, external benchmarking, and SHE training. You’ll be on hand to provide advice and guidance to help resolve operational issues, including those raised by our customers.
This role will report to the Group Head of Health and Safety, and work closely with a network of C&C Group SHE specialists across the UK and Ireland.
What you’ll need:
• Relevant experience delivering health & safety support/training/advice within a manufacturing environment
• NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety - either completed or near completion.
• NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma in Environmental Management
• Previous experience of managing regulatory and certification bodies expectations, including pre, during and post visit, communication and reporting (e.g. HSE, SEPA, Fire Service etc.) would be advantageous
• Previous experience of managing risk associated with warehousing and distribution e.g. PUWER/LOLER, transport, Manual handling, would be advantageous.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers.
• Ability of driving change, through positive communication, employee engagement and forward planning.
• Ability to practically resolve operational issues