Our parent company, C&C Group, is a major manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded cider, beer, wine, soft drinks and bottled water. You probably know us best from our famous beer and cider brands, including Bulmers, the leading Irish cider brand, Magners the premium international cider brand, and Tennent’s, Scotland’s iconic lager.
We’re adding a new role in our Procurement team, to focus on implementing best-in-class procurement strategies for C&C Group’s spend in direct categories (ingredients, packaging, etc)
This role can be based in Glasgow, Clonmel or Bristol, with regular travel to other sites across the group.
So what’s involved?
In a nutshell, this role is all about the delivery of procurement initiatives across our direct categories, and driving change and improvements in our approach to procurement. You’ll be overseeing a c.€40m annual spend, and working on sourcing projects to drive value and deliver significant cost savings.
Relationships are key – so you’ll build good relationships with our core suppliers and work closely with them to manage contracts and maximise any value add opportunities. You’ll also develop strong internal networks with our Supply Chain and Operations teams understand their needs and challenges.
As with all procurement roles, commercial analysis is a central part of the job. You’ll provide fact-based analysis of the supply market, risk identification and mitigation advice. You’ll also help us track our overall business performance management, with monthly and quarterly reporting and budget building.
What you’ll need:
- Knowledge and experience of working in relevant direct categories, allowing you to demonstrate credibility with internal clients and external suppliers
- A track record of successful category management with demonstrable experience of leading and conducting successful contract negotiation
- Experience in the FMCG industry, ideally in food/drink manufacturing
- As strong drive to get great results and a desire to go the extra mile, which is absolutely key to our business culture
- Solid commercial and numerical acumen
Send us a CV that demonstrates your procurement expertise, including information about cost savings, risk mitigation, supplier consolidation, strategic vendor partnerships, etc.