If you’ve ever taken the Tennent's Tour, you’ll know that Wellpark is the biggest brewery in Scotland. We brew, package and ship a huge amount of beer. Every day we produce over a million cans. Those include our own famous brands like Tennents and Caledonia Best, as well as products for other businesses and retailers.
We are looking for some experienced Production Operators to join our busy team at the Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow on a contract basis. This would be for a minimum of 6 months, with the potential to go permanent.
You’ll be operating our high-speed production lines, and making sure that we maximise and improve our production volumes, and achieve all our quality targets and critical metrics. You’ll follow our Standard Operating Procedures and make sure you and your team-mates always follow Health and Safety procedures.
In addition to a competitive salary package (with pay that increases as you build your expertise), you’ll join our pension scheme, receive a generous product allowance and be eligible for our bonus scheme. Plus you get to work for an iconic Scottish business. What’s not to like?
What you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a high-speed manufacturing environment, working with large-scale automated machinery – ideally in the food or drink industry.
- A good understanding of manufacturing practices, HACCP systems and Health and Safety in the workplace.
- A positive and enthusiastic team-player, with a track record of suggesting improvements to processes and working practices.
- A strong commitment to health and safety of yourself and your colleagues
- The ability to spend the majority of your shift on your feet
- IT literacy, with knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook.
- You might also have some useful manufacturing site skills or qualifications, e.g. a Fork Lift Truck license.
Who you’ll be:
Tenacious. You’re motivated to do a great job and deliver brilliant results. As a friendly, positive team-mate, your enthusiasm and flexibility helps motivate the people around you. You love being in a busy, dynamic environment.
Trusted. You’re conscientious about doing things well. If you say you’ll do something, your colleagues know it will get done. You take responsibility for your actions, and make the safety and welfare of everyone on site your biggest priority.
Tempted. You look for opportunities to learn new things, and actively seek out ways to continually improve things at work. You’ll be able to give examples of times when you’ve seen opportunities to improve and shared ideas on how to solve problems.
True. You know that you’re a key part of a wider team, and build strong relationships with colleagues that are based on mutual respect. You keep the big picture in mind, and enjoy working as part of a team to achieve a common goal.
Does this sound like you?
Send us a CV that demonstrates that you’ve got the skills and experience we’re looking for. And we promise to come back to you asap.