As part of the C&C Group, Tennent Caledonian Breweries produces the nation’s favourite beers – including our own brands like Tennent’s and Caledonia Best, as well as a range of beers produced on behalf of other brewers and retailers.
We’re looking for an experienced inventory and logistics specialist to join our team, and help us manage our inventory across the C&C Group network. This role is all about ensuring the correct stock is in the correct place every time and liaising with third-party logistics providers on transport and warehousing requirements.
So what’s involved?
This role is part of our central Logistics team based at the Wellpark Brewery. It is perfect for a team player who enjoys working cross-functionally with other departments and sites. You’ll be:
- Maintaining inventory levels across the network, managing warehouse capacity and customer demand accordingly
- Managing inventory rotation and control at our Wellpark site, including quality issues, overage etc.
- Working with Irish despatch team to ensure our Direct Despatch target of 65% (minimum) is exceeded
- Managing customer consignment stock (e.g. PCC) to ensure stock rotation, control, accuracy and replenishment
- Providing detailed customer reporting and analysis as required
- Providing detailed inventory analysis, including stock reporting, aged stocking etc.
- Taking the lead with on-going Inventory CI and PI
- Liaising with key 3PL to ensure over flow warehousing requirements can be met, and all transport requirements conform to the plan
What you’ll need:
- Excellent team player, who can also work well using own initiative
- First class communication skills, with particular attention to detail
- Experienced in all Microsoft Office packages particularly Excel
- Strong awareness of HMRC legislation governing the holding and movement of excise goods
- Experience of using relevant systems, e.g. JDE, AS400, eCustoms
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills, including experience of using root cause analysis
- Financial awareness