Our Group Financial Control function is on the lookout for an Inventory Accountant to join the team at our Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow.
So what’s involved?
This role is all about understanding, managing and reconciling key balance sheet accounts, including inventory, excise duties, GRNI and fixed assets. You’ll be focused on understanding the flow of data through the group – including identification and mitigation of risk.
This role is a key part of the Financial Control group. You’ll work with colleagues across the Group and act as the conduit between our production accountants and our management accountants, providing information and insight on our balance sheet.
There is also the opportunity to get involved in project work, including focusing on IT provision and procurement. And you’ll be a key point of contact for key balance sheet accounts during internal and external audits.
You’ll also be:
- Delivering a monthly review of key balance sheet accounts and variance investigation and resolution
- Working closely with local supply chain accountants/analysts and local plant management on process improvements
- Providing a monthly inventory valuation and reconciliation to the general ledger ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved accurately
- Assisting with monthly reporting
- Conducting month end stock reconciliation, ensuring the GRNI accruals balance to stock valuation
- Updating stock codes for Intrastat Data
What you’ll need:
- You’ll be a part qualified accountant with experience of cost accounting within a manufacturing or retail environment
- Demonstrable ability to add value through process improvement and controls enhancement
- Dedication to providing user friendly and useful financial information.
- A high degree of professionalism
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- Previous industry or FMCG experience in inventory accounting would be desirable
- JD Edwards knowledge would be desirable
Send us a CV that demonstrates your Cost Accounting expertise, and we'll come back to you as soon as we can.