It’s an exciting time for our business. With the acquisition of Matthew Clark and Bibendum, the C&C Group has doubled in size this year. We were already famous for our international beer and cider brands – but now we’re also a major player in the wholesale sector, with a huge in-house distribution network.
We’re planning on growing our Internal Audit team to support the changing needs of the business and help embed an effective audit culture across the group, with appropriate risk management and controls in place– from financial practices, to people processes, and everything in between.
These roles are ideal for qualified accountants looking to move out of practice and into industry, or for those already working in an internal audit position.
So what’s involved?
- Delivering our annual audit plan, by planning and undertaking internal audit reviews and projects, appraising the relevant risks, processes and controls, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Providing management, including our Audit Committee, with written reports of the results and recommendations of each piece of work undertaken
- Following up on management’s response to Internal Audit recommendations to determine if agreed upon internal control improvements have been implemented
- Contributing to the development of corporate governance activities throughout the Group, including on-going development of risk management frameworks, audit methodologies and governance structures
- Occasionally supervising and supporting the work of guest auditors or third party consultants engaged to support the delivery of an internal audit review or project
- Promoting appropriate and effective risk management throughout the business
- Promoting operational efficiency through performance auditing
What you’ll need:
- You’ll need to be a qualified accountant with experience of supervising audit assignments in large and complex organisations (ideally within relevant industries, e.g. FMCG, Manufacturing, Wholesale, Retail, Logistics, Distribution)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly build good relationships and help grow a positive audit culture across the group. We’re a pretty down-to-earth business, and we like working with people who are friendly and pragmatic.
- Genuine curiosity and mental agility to be able to quickly get under the skin of the business, ask the right questions and spot potential risks or opportunities.
- The ability to travel for work around 40% of the time – usually within the UK and Ireland, but occasionally further afield.
- Great IT knowledge, with advanced skills in MS Office.
Send us a CV that shows off your audit skills, and we’ll come back to you asap. We're flexible about the base location for this role. We've posted ads for Bristol, Glasgow and Dublin. Please apply for the location you would prefer.