Our parent company, the C&C Group, is a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded cider, beer, wine, soft drinks and bottled water. You probably know us best from brands like Tennent’s lager and Magners cider.
We’re looking for someone to lead our Internal Audit activity across the group. Reporting to the Group CFO, and working closely with the Chair of the Audit Committee, this is a broad and highly visible role requiring a high-calibre individual. The role is all about assessing and improving the risk and controls framework across all the C&C Business Units, and supporting the provision of assurance to shareholders through the Audit Committee and the Leadership Team.
The role will work closely with Sales, Finance, Operations, IT, Human Resources and External Audit and, as such, you’ll need exceptional communication, analytical and relationship management skills.
This is currently a stand-alone role, but the department may grow over time. In the meantime, you’ll need to be relatively self-sufficient and happy to be hands on. As a group role, you can expect to travel up to 40% of the time, mainly to C&C sites in Ireland, England, Europe and the US.
So what’s involved?
- Creating, managing and delivering a risk-based annual Audit Plan, as approved by the Audit Committee
- Undertaking internal audit reviews based on the annual Audit Plan, reviewing business processes and recommending control improvements
- Providing management and the Audit Committee with written reports of the results and recommendations of each piece of work undertaken
- Following up on management’s response to Internal Audit recommendations to determine if agreed control improvements have been implemented
- Presenting findings and progress with the Audit Plan to the Audit Committee at least quarterly and providing an annual summary of the control environment to the Audit Committee;
- Supporting good governance by undertaking ad hoc projects / investigations as and when required, including whistleblowing reports or suspected fraudulent activity
- Maintaining Internal Audit standards and procedures
- Coordinating the risk management process, ensuring the group risk register is updated on a regular basis
What you’ll need:
- A professional accountancy or audit qualification
- A strong technical background in either internal and external audit
- An excellent understanding of best practice approaches to risk management and internal controls
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills combined with business acumen, pragmatism and a good sense of diplomacy
- Highly developed verbal and written presentation skills
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels
- Full UK Driving License
Send us a CV that demonstrates you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, and we promise to be back in touch ASAP.