Our parent company, C&C Group, is a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded cider, beer, wine and soft drinks. The Group manufactures Bulmers the leading Irish cider brand, Magners the premium international cider brand, the C&C Brands range of English ciders and the Tennent’s beer brand. C&C Group currently export to over 50 countries worldwide. C&C Group is headquartered in Dublin with manufacturing operations in Ireland, the UK and USA. We are listed on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges
We’re looking for a commercial finance professional to join the team in Belfast to support all our finance activity in NI (including on trade, off trade and wholesale).
So what's involved?
This job is all about supporting commercial teams in a fast moving and evolving marketplace. This is a key role within the finance team and wider business. The role will report to our Group Commercial and Operations Finance Director and will work closely with senior commercial managers to deliver strategic growth across our NI channels.
The role has a strong emphasis on commercial finance, and will be instrumental in shaping the direction of our NI business. The role is accountable for managing performance through commercial policies, insightful reporting and variance analysis, constructive challenge with the commercial teams and driving business performance all within a robust governance framework. The role will also assess new business opportunities and be accountable for maximising business efficiency and productivity within the finance team, business planning (budgeting and forecasting) and help in setting commercial policy framework.
What you'll need:
To succeed in this role you will be commercially astute. You will be expected to demonstrate your ability to think strategically and independently. The ability to influence across a range of stakeholders and to communicate effectively across all functions is a prerequisite for this role. This role has one direct report, so experience of managing and coaching will be useful.
Skills and experience required include:
- Significant experience within finance environment with exposure to commercial transactions
- Experience of working in a high paced company environment, ideally with previous FMCG industry experience
- Professionally qualified accountant (e.g. CAI, ACCA, CIMA) or experienced finance professional
- Commercial understanding and insight
- External communication and reporting writing skills – ability to communicate effectively across all levels (including customers and senior managers)
- Ability to work with and influence other departments (non-financial
- Proactive and solution focused
- Strong organisation skills with structured and systematic approach to delivering solutions
- Experience of managing a team of people
- Structured and clear presentation of financial models and analysis
- Technical knowledge and attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills (ERP systems and Microsoft Office)