We’re on the look-out for a Credit Controller to join our team based at the Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow, in a fast-paced, collections-focused role.
This is a permanent role, and comes with a competitive salary. In addition, you’ll join our pension scheme, receive private health care, a generous product allowance and be eligible for our bonus scheme. Plus you get to work for an iconic Scottish brand. What’s not to like?
So what’s involved?
Our Tennents Credit Control team work with customers to make sure that accounts are up-to-date, deal with credit queries and ensure any outstanding payments are made.
We’ll be honest: This isn’t the easiest job in our business. Credit controllers obviously need a combination of good financial savvy and the ability to manage transactions and financial systems, but our Credit Controllers also have an “X Factor” that’s hard to define. It’s partly about being comfortable with a focus on collections – usually on accounts with relatively low values. It’s partly about the pace of our credit team – they make a LOT of calls. And it’s partly about being comfortable talking to a wide range of people, including some that don’t have a great understanding of how credit works.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need the ability to quickly gauge the situation, and adapt your style to get a good result. And it can be tough. It’s a fact of life that some customers aren’t great at settling their accounts, and it will take a combination of charm, humour and a firm approach to get everyone to a good place.
You’ll be joining a friendly, spirited, close-knit team, who work hard, support each other and ultimately get great results. Are you ready to join them and be our next Credit Control superstar?
What you’ll need:
• Experience in a busy credit control, accounts receivable, sales ledger, recoveries or collections role
• Good standards of computer literacy, including Word, Excel, Outlook – and ideally JDE (or a similar ERP system)
• The ability to work at pace in a high volume environment
• Good accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your style to different customers
• A good sense of humour and personal resilience to handle difficult conversations