Our sales teams work with licensed premises all over the UK to help them stock the beers, ciders, spirits and soft drinks they need. But it’s not just about supplying product. We also invest in hundreds of our Scottish customers to help them develop their business – from refurbishments and repairs to expansions and purchasing additional outlets.
Following an internal promotion, we’re looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to help us manage our loan book, and ensure that lending decisions are made using rigorous appraisal and analysis.
So what's involved?
This is a key role within the finance team and our wider GB business. The role will report to the GB On Trade Business Partner and work closely with colleagues in On Trade Sales, New Business and our GB Finance Team. Together you’ll to deliver strategic growth in the on trade channel via trade investment in Scotland, maximising sustainable returns to shareholders.
The role has a strong emphasis on commercial finance, and will be involved in a key aspect of the on trade business. The primary focus is the management of the Scottish loan book. You’ll take the lead on reviewing and approving all investments proposed. The role is accountable for managing performance through rigorous investment appraisal, commercial policies, insightful reporting and analysis, constructive challenge with the commercial team and driving business performance all within a robust governance framework. In addition, you’ll support the wider finance team with assessment of new business opportunities, business planning (budgeting and forecasting), and reporting when required.
This role affords the opportunity to progress within a finance environment and also to progress in a commercial non-finance role.
What you'll need:
To succeed in this role you’ll need to be commercially astute, with the capability to think strategically and analytically. A key element of the role will involve supporting the sales team reviewing investment opportunities, so you’ll need to be comfortable building internal and external relationships with a range of stakeholders who might have different levels of financial knowledge.
Skills and experience required include:
- Experience in a commercial finance environment
- Experience of working in a high paced environment, ideally in FMCG, would be advantageous.
- Professionally qualified accountant (e.g. CA, ACCA, ACMA) or experienced finance professional
- Commercial understanding and insight
- External communication and reporting writing skills – ability to communicate effectively across all levels (including customers and senior managers)
- Ability to work with and influence other departments (non-financial)
- Proactive and solution focused
- Strong organisation skills with structured and systematic approach to delivering solutions
- Structured and clear presentation of financial models and analysis
- Technical knowledge and attention to detail
- Sound IT skills (ERP systems and Microsoft Office)