You probably know that Tennent’s is Scotland’s biggest brewer. But did you know that we’re also the nation’s largest drinks wholesaler, supplying Scotland’s pubs, clubs, restaurants and hotels with a whole range of branded drinks products.
We’re looking for a Buyer to join the Procurement team that supports our Wholesale business, to support purchasing across all drinks categories, including spirits, beers, softs and dry goods.
We expect this role to be based at the Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow, but there is scope for it to be based from our depot in Irvine, if that would be your preference.
So what’s involved?
This role is all about building strong relationships with suppliers, so that we can purchase the goods we need, and ensure they are available to our customers on demand and on budget.
You’ll be working closely with our Head of Procurement, our commercial Finance team and our Third Party Brands Director, as well as a range of other key stakeholders.
You’ll participate in Range Planning in line with our overall commercial plan, and use your commercial and negotiation skills to secure the best prices and contract terms.
What you’ll need:
- Buying experience in a Procurement team, ideally for an FMCG or Wholesale organisation
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with great commercial judgment and negotiation skills
- Experience of sourcing new suppliers and collating prices
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly build relationships
- Good organizational skills and have the ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- The ability to work at a fast pace
- Numeracy and analytical skills
- The ability to supervise a small team when required
- The flexibility to travel to other Tennent’s/C&C sites when required
Send us a CV that shows off your buying skills, and we’ll be back in touch asap.