We're looking for a Brewing Operator to join our Midweek Crew at the Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow on a fixed term basis.
Working a full time rotating shift pattern from Sunday night to Friday evenings, that includes Early, Back and Night shift, you'll be part of a close knit team that is focused on producing a range of top quality beer products.
So what’s involved?
If you’ve ever taken the Tennents Brewery Tour, you’ll know that Wellpark is the biggest brewery in Scotland. Every day we produce over a million cans. Those include our own brands like Tennents and Caledonian Best, as well as products for other businesses and retailers.
Our Brewing Operators are a critical part of our success. Working as part of a small team, they make sure we produce a range of beers to the correct recipes, volumes and standards, and are continuously looking for opportunities to improve delivery standards.
They comply with all SHE, Quality, Technical and Food Safety standards and take responsibility for equipment used, including manual cleaning, CIP, supporting changeovers and basic monitoring and asset care. The brewing team hold themselves to high standards, so we’re looking for people who take a real pride in their work.
What you’ll need:
• Experience of working in a production/manufacturing role within the drinks industry or similar, with the capacity to work to targets within a fast-paced environment - brewing or bulk tanking experience would be fantastically helpful
• Minimum Standard Grade in Maths, English and a science based subject (or equivalent experience) is essential
• Good levels of IT literacy with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages as well as experience of both SCADA and PRISM systems.
• Proven organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
• Demonstrable track record of delivering high quality work and the ability to contribute to the generation of ideas for improvement and flexibility in operations
• Excellent communication skills and strong work ethic.
Who you’ll be:
Tenacious. You’re motivated to do a great job and deliver brilliant results. As a friendly, positive team-mate, your enthusiasm and flexibility helps motivate the people around you. You love being in a busy, dynamic environment.
Trusted. You’re conscientious about doing things well. When you say you’ll do something, your colleagues know it’ll get done. You take responsibility for your actions, and make the safety and welfare of the whole team your biggest priority.
Tempted. You look for opportunities to learn new things, and actively seek out ways to continually improve things at work. You’ll be able to give examples of times when you’ve seen opportunities to improve and shared ideas on how to solve problems.
True. You know that you’re a key part of a wider team, and build strong relationships with colleagues that are based on mutual respect. You keep the big picture in mind, and enjoy working as part of a team to achieve a common goal.
Does this sound like you?
Send us a CV that demonstrates that you’ve got the skills and experience we’re looking for, and we'll come back to you ASAP.