Tennent’s is one of Scotland’s most famous brands, but we’re actually one of several companies owned by C&C Group. Together, we make, market and distribute a range of branded cider, beer, wine, soft drinks and bottled water. Our Marketing teams promote those brands to customer and consumers using a range of methods, all ultimately aimed at maximising our revenue. We use traditional marketing and advertising methods – but digital marketing is particularly important.
The Marketing team is looking for an apprentice they can develop into a Digital Marketing Assistant. The focus will be helping us expand and engage our audience across our digital channels, from social media to digital ad campaigns, to the way we promote products using our online sales platform, Tennent’s Direct.
So what’s involved?
You’ll join the Marketing team and work with them to learn all about core marketing principles, with a focus on understanding how the business uses digital tools to deliver great results. You can expect to get involved in:
- Supporting social media campaigns
- Analysing traffic to our customer websites
- Creating engaging website content.
- Supporting the evaluation of digital and social campaigns
- Assisting the wider marketing team on campaign and project activity, including our sport and music sponsorship programmes
Most of your learning will happen on the job, but you’ll also spend c.1 day a week in college studying for a nationally recognised qualification. Once you qualify, we hope that you’ll then move into a full time Marketing Assistant role, and continue to develop and grow your career with us.
What you’ll need:
- A good academic background – You probably enjoyed subjects like Business Management, English and IT while you were at school
- Great written and spoken English
- A conscientious approach – You’re reliable and hardworking, and don’t take shortcuts
- The desire to learn, both on-the-job, and through part time study
- An interest in developing a career in marketing
- Some experience in life, school or employment that demonstrates your ability to live our four ‘T’ values – Tenacious (the determination to make things happen), Trusted (people know they can rely on you), Tempted (curiosity and confidence to try new things), True (respecting your team mates and looking out for each other).
While you’re training, you’ll receive £8.41 per hour, as well as a fully funded college qualification. You’ll also get the option to join our staff pension. You’ll get 30 days holiday a year, and the chance to earn an annual bonus. And you’ll receive a product allowance (but you’ll be limited to soft drinks until you turn 18!)
Normally we ask people to apply with CVs, but we realise that you won’t have much work experience so creating a CV might be tricky. Instead, we’d like you to complete the attached document. Fill it in, save it somewhere, and then apply for the role. When you’re asked to upload a CV, just upload the completed form instead. We’re aiming to hold interviews in late June/early July, and have the successful apprentices start in early August. Good luck!